Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two down, four to go!

Hello my dear friends. Before I begin, I would like to thank all of you for your continued love and support during this journey of mine. It means so much that so many people send well wishes, prayers and support during this time in my life. My only hope is that I can make a difference in just one life. If I touch more than one, all the better. God is in control and my faith is carrying me through, along with all the support that I've gotten from you good people. How truly blessed am I.
Ok, enough with the mush, yesterday went well. Lori and I sat, ate, laughed, teared up a little and basically just read trashy mags and oh, yea, Lori had her very first TastyKake. Can you imagine reaching her advanced age and never having experienced the euphoria of a TastyKake?? Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but holy cow, I grew up on those things. Hard to find 'em here in the south, though. Anyhow, I was a little groggy yesterday from the benedryl they give me in between the three drugs I'm getting so basically just laid around yesterday. Feeling pretty good today. I woke up at 3:00 am and had a hard time getting back to sleep so I'm a little tired but otherwise no nausea or anything yet. Hopefully this time around I feel better than last time.
The hair is still falling out like crazy, I can really tell when I look at my part. It's getting wider by the minute, but not quite ready to take it all off yet. The short haircut is bad enough.
The hickies have finally faded, still slight bruises on my arm from the needle pokes but pretty much all that junk has cleared up. The next issue is that big thing in the middle of my face called a nose. You see, when the hair is finally gone, the nose will look all the bigger. What's a girl to do with a big Hungarian nose and no hair?? I tried to get my plastic surgeon to take care of it when he did the reconstruction, but no luck. I mean I can wear a hat or wig for the baldness but what do you do for a nose like mine?? Well, at least I have a nose, right? Ok my peeps, love you all and I keep you posted. Thanks again for all the support. It means more than I can say.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, you look BEAUTIFUL - don't argue with me! (HAHA) Lori is truly an awesome sister-friend, the kind that only God can give you. You are in my thoughts every day. I love you!

    ReplyDelete