Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Half Way There!!

Ok, so today was my 3rd in a total of 6 treatments. Lori and I arrived at 8:45 and they called me back at 9:10. So, we got started a little late and ran until 3:00. Long day but can't complain. Once every 21 days isn't' so bad. By the end of the week I'll be feeling pretty crappy, but again, can't complain. Could be worse. We spent the time reading more trashy magazines and eating trashy food, TastyKakes included! There was a woman there today we met on our first time who's leukemia came back and she goes every day. I think she said she has something like 12 more treatment to go, 12 out of 62. Yuck! She's up for a stem cell transplant which should cure her, God willing.

I've been hearing from a lot of people regarding this little blog of mine. It seems that it's being passed around our small town by leaps and bounds. I got a card from a former preschool mom of mine today wishing me well and also mentioned she was passed the blog. So, thanks Paige for the card and the kind words. Tell Sally and Jessie Ms. Lisa, the Queen of Love and Beauty, sends her love! I'm so glad people are reading about my journey. I guess it's keeping people out of the pool halls, and it's better that getting poked in the eye with a stick. So, keep reading, guys. I probably won't post for a few days unless the spirit moves me. Again, I love you all. You are my strength and inspiration. Keep the faith and be well.

I've added a few pictures, but couldn't figure out how to add them directly below this post, so to see them you'll have to scroll down to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment