Monday, April 26, 2010

Half Way Eve

Got up this morning at 6:30 to start the day. Had an appointment with my Dr. Moskowitz who did my mastectomy. I call him my Dr. Moskowitz because I'm his only patient. At least that's how he makes me feel. He comes into the exam room and sits and chills for a while. I told him my story about the ER and the nine needle sticks and he just kinda sat and listened with a funny grin. So, not sure if he's thinking, "Why did they hurt my only patient like that?", or "Suck it up, Medlin! Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!!" Probably the latter!

Did you ever have a doctor who came in the exam room, said a few uh uh's and left? Kinda makes you feel like he's in it for the money and not the patient. Not me. I have the three best doctors I could ask for. My Dr. Moskowitz did my mastectomy and my chemo port, Dr. Timmons is working on building me a new boob, and Dr. Ayrons is my oncologist who I yelled at when I was sick, and he still cares!! Couldn't get any better than that. I also found out today that my Dr. Moskowitz had a great deal to do with Dr. Timmons going to Bolivia to operate on poor children. I don't know if he'd want me to say exactly what he did, but he was very involved in the trip. So, not only do I have doctors who care about me and my health, but they also care about making the world a better, healthier place in which to live. So, hats off (or should I say Boobs off??) to my three doctors. Thank you for what you do and why you do it.

Well, tonight is the eve of my half way point for my chemo. Tomorrow Lori and I will go at 8:45 and hopefully be finished by lunchtime. After tomorrow, 3 more to go! Felt pretty good this morning but then had a vertigo attack while in Timmon's office and it kind of knocked me out this afternoon. So, hopefully will feel better tomorrow. Michael should be coming home this week on Thursday to help me with the boys. Hopefully nothing will come up at work to prevent that.

We'll be taking more pictures tomorrow so look for me without hair. I actually still have stubble on the head and do ya know I think it stopped falling out! Of course. I shave the head, and the hair stops falling out! If I hadn't shaved it, it would fall out till I was bald. But noooooooo, shave, stay. I've even tried pulling it out. Nope. Stay. Still have leg hair and I don't wear my glasses in the shower so I can't see the pit hair, but I shave it anyway! So, pray for the eye brows and eye lashes which I still have. Don't know if they'll hang around or not. I know there are some sickos who are wondering about the other hair. Well, you'll just have to wonder. Perverts. Ok, gotta go, dinner dishes are calling. Have a great night and be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment