So, I've finally come out of my chemo funk. It seems the way it's going to go is chemo on Tues, Wed feeling ok, Thurs kinda tired and by the weekend full blown flu symptoms. But, no throwing up which is such a blessing. Motrin seems to help with the all over body aches and I had no fever this time so yeah for that. Thank you to everyone who has called, brought dinner and sent cards and well wishes. It means so very much!
Thursday afternoon I realized that I had run out of one of my meds, so I called Lori and asked if she'd stop by and pick it up for me at the drug store. She gets to my house that night and I handed her the clippers and said just do it already. I couldn't stand the hair everywhere. It was falling out in such clumps that all that was left on my head, and I had a healthy head of thick hair, would fit in one small dust pan. So, off it came. Lori was a little apprehensive about it, but being who she is, did it for me because I asked her to. I couldn't do it myself. I tried that morning but just couldn't bring myself to shave my own head. So, now I look like a fat Aushwitz survivor (abosulutely no disrespect to anyone who survived the Holocaust, and I've actually known a few). What's left of my hair is about 1/4 long and it's balding in spots so man am I pretty! I wore my wig for the first time to church on Sunday and it felt a little weird, but I'm wearing it for my kids. It's a beautiful wig, but, it's a wig. Nuff said bout that!
I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Timmons this morning and he said I'm almost ready for my final reconstruction surgery. He has pumped 670 cc's of fluid into my tissue expander so he's finished with that part of the process. Another thing checked off my list! Now we have to wait for the chemo to be fininshed (June 29!!) and he'll complete my look! Call my secretary for an appointment to see the new boobs.
My brother, on the other hand has had surgery to repair a leak in his colon. He had the first surgery on 3/30 and they had to go back in to fix what they didn't fix the first time. He's in a lot of pain and pretty miserable so please say a prayer for him. Mom has a spot on her mammogram and she'll find out what that is on the 20th, so please pray for her. Let's see, anybody else in my family want to come down with some ailment????? Oh, Shawn, my brother in law is in the early stages of emphysemia, so please pray for him. Holy cow, enough already!! My kids are healthy and my husband had a clean cat scan, so I'm very grateful for that. I've got an amazing church family along with good neighbors and of course the best friend anyone could have so I consider myself very blessed. Let's all get healthy and family reunion at my house this fall. Everyone's invited. Afterall, you're all my family!! Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Mrs. Medlin! It's Kristin from Dr. Moskowitz's office. I told you that I would read your blog, so here I am. I remember everything you are going through because I watched my mom during her treatments. Don't fret about the wig, she never wore her's because one day in December she went to take the garbage out and the wind knocked it off her head. She sat and laughed so hard she ended up in tears! Keep your head up girl!
ReplyDelete