Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Does It Matter?

46 years old today. It doesn't seem possible. Do you ever look back on your life and wonder if you've made a difference to anyone? When I was preschool director, one of my preschool moms gave me a framed poem that reads, "One hundred years from now it won't matter what car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like: but the world may be a better place because I was important in the life of a child." Every time I read this poem I tear up. Does it really matter what we do with our lives? I stopped by my old preschool yesterday and so many of the children I had have moved on to elementary school, but there are still some who are there who remembered me. To hear "Hey, Ms. Lisa!!!" echoing through the hallways of the church has so touched me. To run into some of my preschoolers who are older now and hear them say, "Ms. Lisa, you are still the Queen of Love and Beauty!" (this is what I made them call me if they wanted seconds on snack!!) warms my heart. Yes, I believe it certainly does matter what we do with our lives. Life is not a spectator sport. Get out there and participate. Make this world a better place for your children and their children. Do it because it's the right thing to do. Listen people, life is short. Make the most of it you can before you can't anymore. Change a life today, tomorrow may be too late. Remember, the last thing you say to someone just may be the last thing you say to them so make sure it's something they want to hear.

I know this post is different from all the others but sometimes you just feel the way you feel. Today was a good day. I was able to get out of bed, have lunch with my bff and tell my children I love them. Tuesday the 27th will be my 1/2 way point. After that, 3 more bad treatments and I'm finished witht the bad chemo so hurray for that. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. Tomorrow is sauce day so I'll be at the stove for 6 hours making my world famous spaghetti sauce, meatballs included! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment