Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm Going to Jail for That!!

Here we are, another beautiful spring afternoon in North Carolina. The tulips are blooming, the dogwoods are popping with color, the azaleas are coming alive after a brutally cold winter, and because of all the pollen in the air, there's more snot in our noses than Charlie Sheen's got porn stars. Holy cow, somebody get that man some help. Here's the thing about Charlie Sheen, in my unprofessional opinion. He's obviously having a manic episode. It may take months for him to come down from this. When he's finally medicated, he's going to look back at all these rants and, I would think, be mortified at his behavior. This is not a man who is in his right state of mind. It's not funny, it's not cute, and it's certainly not healthy. He's got children, for heaven's sake. Someone get a hold of him and fix him. He's a talented actor and he's crashing and burning in front of the world. There, nuff said about that. (I'm really not even a big fan of his, just tired of all the media attention. He's sick. The end.)

So, I guess I've decided to go ahead and have another surgery to fix the other side. I spoke to my nurse who works with breast cancer patients and she said it is not uncommon to have between 3 and 6 surgeries to get it right. That put my mind at ease a little. I was concerned that maybe my doctor just couldn't get it right. I've heard nothing but praises about him, and I've been happy with him so far, so maybe one more's the charm. We'll see and I'll keep you posted.

As you all know, I have two boys, 11 and 12. Johnathan is my 12 year old and Mikey is 11. For some reason, Mikey has been having issues lately with his coordination. He's had bunk beds now for a few years, and every morning when he gets up, he bumps his head, in the same spot, on the top bunk. It's kinda like rewinding a movie and watching it over and over again. He's also had issues with doors. I can't count how many times he's clunked himself in the head with the door, any door, not one in particular. Here's what he does, he goes to open the door, it ricochets off his foot, and bounces back, hitting him in the forehead, knocking him to the ground. WHAT????? YOU DID WHAT??? I think if he tried to do that, he couldn't. But, that's Mikey. So he gets the bright idea the other day of a really great Christmas gift he'd like to ask for. "Mom," he says, "can I get a set of throwing knives for Christmas?" HUH??!! Throwing knives? I didn't even know they made such things. But, sure honey, I'll run right down to the throwing knives store and pick up a set, extra sharp. Yea, right, that'll happen.

Do you ever over-exaggerate to make a point. Well, I never do, (only always) but today is such a pretty day, I figured I'd go for it. Six weeks ago, Johnathan and I both had the flu. He was out of school for a week, so the following Monday, I sent his doctor's note with him so he could turn it in, and I wouldn't look like a slacker mom. "Johnathan," I asked that afternoon, "did you turn in your doctor's note today?" "Yes, mom" was his reply. Well, a few weeks later, I received a notice from the school informing me of my child's unexcused absences. Oh no, I thought. He turned that note in weeks ago. Really? There's the note, tucked in his homework folder behind some test he didn't want me to see. "Johnathan! I thought you turned this in!" "Oh, I forgot." So, I stapled the doctor's note to the school note and sent it back in. Mind you, the doctor's note was dated 2/9/11. What's today??? March 25. So, today, I was going through his folder, and guess what I found? Yep, the doctor's note. So, after a 20 minute rant, I told him that I was probably going to jail and he'd have to visit me after church on Sunday. Now, you and I know I won't be going to jail, but sometimes it takes a little exaggeration to get the point across to a 12 year old boy. If he's not in therapy by the time he's 20, I'll be surprised. The torture I put my kids through.

Have a wonderful day, my friends. Thank you all for your continued support. It means so very much to me. I love reading all the comments you make. Thank you for finding my life interesting even though, at times, it's one big snore fest! If you get a collect call this weekend, it's just me calling from my cell, so please accept the charges!

1 comment:

  1. Telling Johnathon you're going to jail is like Jennifer telling Emily there's a bug up her nose and will bite her finger if she picks it! As mothers however, we are required to get a little creative. You my dear are one of the best! I feel so honored to have shared this school year with you. Your booby situation will "even out". You are beautiful inside and out. I love knowing you! :)

    ReplyDelete