Yes, still alive and kicking. I know I haven't posted in 2 months, but things have been keeping me busy. I ran into 2 of my faithful followers yesterday, and I was scolded for not blogging, so here you are Page and Johnna. Thanks so much for your interest!! At least some one's interested!
So, what's been going on in the life of Booby Doo? Since my last post, I've had yet another surgery. Dr. Timmons, my plastic surgeon put in a 3rd implant, but this one is a different shape. He's much happier with the way it looks, as compared to the others, but I'm still not even. Oh well, I guess it's as good as it's gonna get. I was able to go and drop a mortgage payment (not really) on a few new bras at Victoria's Secret. Love the girl who helped me. Now, at least I can get rid of those horrible sports bras!
If you haven't seen me in a while, the hair is just crazy! Curly and wild. Thank goodness for hair gel, it kinda keeps it under control. Not complaining, I'm just glad to have hair!
If you're like me, you dread that 3 a.m. "Mom, I can't sleep". Yep, 3:00 am, here comes Johnathan. "Mom, I can't sleep. My smoke detector is beeping." Crap, really???? Ok, I drag myself out of bed, of course it's on a night when Michael's not home, go up stairs and stand under the thing. Nothing. Turn to go back down, CHIRP. Ok, go back upstairs. Now, it's about 3:00 am, did I mention that? Mom doesn't do so well at 3:00 am, unless you're puking, or have a 115 degree fever. Of course, I have to turn on the light, which, at 3:00 am, is the worst thing you could do. The smoke detectors we have in our house are electric, so I can't just jerk it down. It has to be disconnected. Did I tell you it's 3:00 am?? But, Johnathan can't sleep, so I get a chair and, yes, climb up on the chair, at the top of the steps, because that's where the brilliant electrician who wired our house, put it, and without my glasses, try to figure out how to CHIRP take it down. I thought about smashing it with a hammer, but what would that teach Johnathan, who at this point is back to sleep. CHIRP. OMG. I finally got it down and just set it on the floor for Michael to look at it when he got home. CHIRP. What?? It's disconnected from it's power source CHIRP and it's still ##%#^&#@$ CHIRPING at me. Being the kind and considerate mom (at 3:00 am) that I am, I took the smoke detector downstairs so it wouldn't disturb his highness any longer. I walked back into my bedroom, laying it on the dresser, so I could climb back into bed CHIRP. Now, I'm beginning to get irritated. It's now about 3:20 am. CHIRP. Ok Lisa, think logically about this. If you hide it somewhere, you're just going to lay there listening for it CHIRP. THINK, MEDLIN, THINK. Battery!! There must be a battery! As I fumble for my glasses CHIRP, Trina is now wondering why she's the only one in bed. Yes, she sleeps with me. CHIRP. Hooray, a battery compartment, yes, I've found the battery compartment!! I got it open, and pulled out the 9-volt CHIRP. Ok, maybe it started the CHIRP before the battery was completely out of the little thingy. Ok, now, battery on dresser, smoke detector completely disconnected from any power source CHIRP. Seriously? How in the world can this be happening to me?? If I put it outside, I've got to turn off the alarm, and that's just way too much work at 3:20 am. Finally, about 4:00 it stopped CHIRPING at me. Holy cow, what a night.
Remember that song "I wear my sunglasses at night...."? I know why. The guy who wrote that song must've bought his alarm clock from Wal-Mart. About 3 years ago, I bought a little cheapy $5 alarm clock. Well, it served it's time and finally died. So, I purchased a new clock last week while grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Let me just say, I spent a pretty penny on this new clock. All the $5 cheapy clocks had no radios, only BEEP BEEP BEEP alarms. Can't deal with that at 6:00 am. So, I spent $19.97, yes, almost twenty dollars on a new alarm clock! I got it home, took it out of the box and got it all set up. When it was time for bed that night, Michael walked in the room and said, "What the hell's that??" Yes, my new "high dollar" alarm clock was brighter than those spot lights that new car dealerships use for grand opening day. It has two switches, dim and bright. I've got it set on dim, but it's so bright that it keeps me up at night. I can't sleep on my left side because my face is illuminated by the alarm clock from you know where. Well, I can fix this, I thought, so I turned it toward the window, and away from my face. Now, not only is it still bright, neon, blue, but it reflects off the white blinds and is even more blinding. Who in their right mind makes an alarm clock with bright neon blue, high beam headlight numbers?? Don't 99% of us sleep with our alarm clocks on our nightstands?? Aren't our nightstands next to our beds, and don't we sleep in our beds?? Not with an alarm clock like that we don't. I think Osama bin Laden had those clocks made and shipped to the U.S. just to torture us so that he can take over the world. We'd be so tired we wouldn't care. I'm rambling. It's the lack of sleep.
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight! Daylight savings tomorrow. Spring is just around the corner, thank goodness. Good night my friends, and remember, smoke detectors are our friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment