Here it is, another beautiful fall day in North Carolina. All is well here at the Medlin house. I've decided I'm going to start running up and down the stairs. Maybe that will get my legs back into shape. I'm having such horrible weakness and pain in the muscles that I've got to do something. I guess I'll start slowly and hopefully within a couple of weeks they'll start to feel better. I just don't think I can do anything more strenuous than that. I know, pretty pitiful.
So, this morning Johnathan and Mikey were in the kitchen, supposedly getting something for breakfast, and I was on the computer. Well, all of a sudden, crying. Yep, not even on a beautiful fall morning can we have peace in the house. So, I get up, go into the kitchen and there is Johnathan, in a fetal position on the floor. Well, if you're a guy, you know what that means. Kicked in the bing bongs. That's the technical term for testibles. (No, that's not a typo. When Johnathan was little, he asked me what those balls were moving around "down there". I told him those were his testicles and he pronounced it testibles.) So, I looked at Mikey and, of course, not looking guilty at all, said, "He tried to choke slam me!". So, I looked at Johnathan, who was still in a fetal position, crying on the floor. "He kicked me in the crotch!" he yelled. After which I proclaimed, "There will be no more wrestling in this house!!!!" Here comes dad, yep, Michael, faithful husband and father to the two in the kitchen, one on the floor and the other looking as guilty as the dog who just ransacked the trash can looking for the steak bone. Well, we all know how fathers can be. Clueless most of the time when it comes to disciplining children, at least mine anyway. He tries to explain to Johnathan in his most disciplinary voice why it is not a good idea to try and "choke slam" his brother. What came out of his mouth was not only a gross mispronunciation but so funny that there was no way he had any credibility as a disciplinarian. "Johnathan," he said, "don't do that to your brother! You could damage his esockufus!!" WHAT???? Now, my husband has mispronounced quite a few words in his time, but that one takes the cake. I believe the word you're looking for is esophagus, dear husband. We laughed until we cried. So, for all of you out there who have never taken an anatomy class, it's pronounced esokufus. Holy cow, somebody help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment