So tonight I'm hosting Bunco at my house. If you've never played, you're missing out! My neighborhood and a few "outsiders" (you know who you are, and we love you anyway!) play every month and a different person hosts each month. Well, June is usually my month, but because of my health, I've not been playing or hosting. I've felt good enough this month to host. Usually the host is responsible for supplying drinks and everyone else brings food. I decided I'd have drinks (soda and tea) and pasta salad. I spent most of the morning cleaning (we'll discuss that later) and headed off to Ingles to buy the provisions. Ingles has a fabulous salad bar along with an olive bar and chicken wings, etc. I loaded up my little plastic container with pasta salad and head off to finish my shopping. Actually it was the big container, so it was pretty heavy. Along I go and I get to the cleaning isle. Tide is what I usually use but Wisk was on sale and "new and improved" plus it was $4 cheaper so I thought I'd try it. The pasta salad was on the bottom of the cart (buggy to you southerners) and I didn't want the Wisk to smush it so I picked up the pasta salad and oh my God, yep, it opened and emptied in my cart. Holy crap, pasta salad all over my groceries. Pasta salad on my scrubbing bubbles, pasta salad on my super glue (we'll talk about that later), pasta salad on my milk cartons. Pasta, pasta, pasta. So, think a minute. What would you do if your container of pasta salad, made with vinegar and oil, yes, oil, spilled all over your scrubbing bubbles??? Luckily, no one was in the isle with me so I quickly stepped over the Mt. Everest size pile of pasta salad on the floor and continued my shopping knowing full well that the security bubble in the sky saw what just occurred in the Tide isle. I had no choice but to tell the manager at the check out that there was an enormous pile of pasta salad in the Tide isle and that, yes, it was me who spilled it. Now, I'm not the most inconspicuous person these days. My hair is that of George Clooney, big nose and white t-shirt with huge navy blue letters spelling DALLAS COWBOYS. It's not like I can sneak back into Ingles without poor what's his name who had to clean it up say something like, "Oh no, the pasta salad lady is back." So, for all you who are playing Bunco tonight at my house, no word about the pasta salad lady or I'll pee in your tea.
You know those things on either side of the toilet at the bottom that cover up the screws that hold the toilet to the floor? Well, mine keep coming loose so I super glue them back down. Unfortunately, that's where all the little boy pee congregates, so this is not an unusual occurrence in my house. Today, however when I opened the super glue it unknowingly dripped down my fingers and yes, I super glued my fingers together. I managed to pry them apart but still have the residue on my fingers.
Besides all of this, I'm doing fine. Still have joint and muscle aches. I'm sleeping a little better because I've doubled up on my sleeping pill (my doctor said I could). My hair is getting thicker and the eyelashes and getting longer. I'm back working at the preschool this time as Pre-K teacher so I'm pretty busy during the week Mon through Thurs. God puts you where you need to be, and I guess I'm supposed to be back there. I love the kids and have really missed it over the last two years. I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with such wonderful kids, and hopefully will make a difference in their lives.
Be well my friends. You are all such a blessing to me. And remember, if you need pasta salad, make it yourself. It's safer that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment