Ok, so I'm back. We've had a busy summer so far. The boys have enjoyed their summer. We've made a few trips back and forth to the beach, bible school, and of course spending time with friends and family. These last few months have really flown by. Hope all of you have had an enjoyable summer as well.
Have you ever been in a situation where someone has tried to "out alpha dog" you? I know that's not a phrase that one normally hears in everyday conversation, but it fits this next story. I was first introduced to the alpha dog theory when my cousin Carla came for a visit and brought her male dog "Big Boy" (cousin Big Boy to us). He's absolutely adorable. He's a cross between a Maltese and a German shepherd. (for those of you with your minds in the gutter, the male was the Maltese and no, I don't know how he reached) He kind of looks like a Dande Dinmont. Ever watch the dog shows on TV? Check out the Dande Dinmont. So cute! Anyway, I told her it would be just fine to bring him since our dog, Trina was very loving and friendly. Well, as soon as Big Boy (let's just call him bb for now) got out of her car, Trina acted like a Osama Bin Laden himself stepped out of her little Hyundai. She absolutely went nuts. Hello, who are you and what have you done with Trina?? Here is where the alpha dog theory comes into play. He was on her turf. God love him, he couldn't make a move without her growling, barking or snapping. So, for the entire visit he was either on Carla's lap or cowering beside the trash can. Well, I recently, too played the part of cousin Big Boy. I was in a situation, (not giving details!) where I was partially in charge, along with 4 or 5 other adults, of a group of children. Every time I made a move, there was Trina, barking, growling or snapping. I was on her turf and she wanted me to know it. But here's the thing. It was only me who got this alpha dog treatment. Now, I know I've got a big mouth and I can be a presence, but come on lady! It got so bad that I almost turned around and said, "Listen, I know I look like a cancer patient and all, but I can handle this!!" Maybe she thought I was weak and needed help with the kids, who knows. All I thought was, back off lady before I pimp slap you! Really got on my nerves. Again, I'm not giving details, but hope I don't run into her around town. I can't play nice when you've rubbed me the wrong way. I'd rather just avoid the situation all together.
Ok, enough about Miss Alpha Dog. My husband, bless his heart, ya know, if you have bless his or her heart in your next sentence, it can't be good. Anywho, I asked my husband if he could replace our dining room chandelier if I bought a new one. Sure is the response I got. He probably thought I wouldn't buy a new fixture, but guess what??? Bought one! After he removed the old fixture, he decided he didn't want to tackle installing the new one. So, now, I'm writing this blog in the dark, with the help of Mikey's lime green (he picked it out) lamp from his room. What is it with husbands who have really good intentions but OMG can't say from the get go, "No, I don't think I want to do that. Just hire somebody to do it." At least he wouldn't have taken the old fixture down. Could be worse I guess. He could just sit around drinking beer and belching all day.
I saw my Dr. Moskowitz last week. Love him, have I told you?? Anyway, he said things are looking good and to check back with him in a month or so. I also saw Dr. Timmons, my plastic surgeon. I was a little concerned because I'm still lopsided, but he said we have to wait three months after reconstruction to go back in and tweak anything that's not quite even. So, I guess in October we'll see if I need any more surgery. I'm thinking I will.
Otherwise, my health is ok. I really thought by now I'd be feeling pretty good. Not. My hands ache as well as other joints and muscles. Sometimes it feels like I have arthritis. But my oncologist, Dr. Ayrons tells me everything I'm feeling is normal. I've been told it could take up to a year to feel back to normal, well, as normal as I was before cancer hit. So I guess I just have to deal with the aches and pains. My hair is growing back and so are the eyelashes and eyebrows. I have one long lash that has held on. All the other abandoned ship when things got tough. I call her my one wild hair. (Thanks for the idea, Marsha) Now, when I put on mascara, you can actually see them. Yeah!! My hair has way too much gray coming in, as Mikey pointed out to the entire bible school group by saying, "Mom, you have 34 gray hairs on the back of your head!!!" Thanks kid, find someone who doesn't smell to take you home!
I hear the clouds starting to rumble, so I better log off. Take care my friends, and remember each day how blessed you are. You, too, could be a cross between a Maltese and a German shepherd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment