Ok, so the hair is beginning to return, thank God. I've lost most of my eye lashes but they're also coming back. The only problem now is that my hair has a really deep side part. It's getting long enough so that it's not sticking straight up anymore (I used to look like that baby orangutan that you've seen on different things) so it's laying off to the side, kinda like George Clooney's hair. So, not only do I have virtually no eyelashes, I'm looking like a man. Great. Baggy shirt, no makeup and a Yankees hat and people will think they've spotted George Clooney in Kings Mountain. Yippee! I'm still lopsided. Apparently, my right side is still swollen from the last surgery so no nip is a bit smaller than his side kick. Hopefully when all the swelling goes down, I'll be even. If not, back into surgery I go. Crap, I've been through enough. At the very least I deserve even boobies, even if I am turning into George Clooney with moobs.
I'm still feeling pretty run down. Not so much sleepy tired but just run down. I'm reminded that I need to be patient and let myself heal. So be it.
The boys have spent this week at the beach with mom and dad. The house has been quiet, no fighting or bickering. Just peace and quiet. Yea, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I look forward to the time alone, but an hour after they're gone I'm ready for them to come back. What's up with that?? They've been having a great time with Grandmom and Grandpop. I'll be going to get them tomorrow. Then it'll be back to reality.
Crap it's hot. We've been having such a heat wave here in NC, but I guess it's that way most places. The only thing moving around outside are the hornets and mosquitoes. When I go out to water the plants, they dive bomb for my not so bald head. Why is it that the only time they come out is when I go out?? I could be outside for 2 minutes and get 178 mosquito bites and 12 hornets come out of retirement to dive bomb my head. Just don't get it. I'm the only one they bother. Don't they know I only have one boob?? Haven't I been through enough?? I'm literally scratching bites on my legs in between sentences.
I had an interesting conversation with a woman at my boys' orthodontist. I asked her when her last mammogram was. Well, with no insurance, the answer was never. So, of course I started researching and there are organizations that will either assist or give free mammograms to women who have no insurance. I think they offer them in October since October is breast cancer awareness month. For info call 1-800-ACS-2345. No more excuses ladies. Get smart and get squeezed!
Well, Wipeout's on then the season premier of Project Runway! Yay! I've missed Tim Gunn. Have a great rest my friends, and remember don't scratch the privates in pubic. That's gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I fought with my hair when it came back extra curly. It looked like the hair on the floor at the beauty palor that they swept into the big fuzzy hair ball. Well, I finally went to a hairdresser that gave me the best advice, and I want to share it with you. First, buy a good protein shampoo and heavy protein conditioner. Don't wash your hair everyday and don't blow dry it. Also, use a leave in conditioner. Get it shaped every 6 weeks. I now have softer, non-frizzy hair...and not blowdrying, I save about 20 minutes each morning. I have learned to embrace my curls instead of fighting them. I am still growing my eyelashes. I don't notice until I put on mascara and have to clean my eyelids with a wet Q Tip. It gets better...all of it...I promise!
ReplyDelete