I was reminded today of the true meaning of grace and how it lives within the hearts of those who choose to embrace it. I've been pretty wrapped up in my own life these days and not really aware of anything other than my own pain and suffering. I've forgotten how truly blessed I am to have healthy children, wonderful parents, a husband who supports and loves me no matter what, and friends who would walk through fire for me. You have prayed me through the hardest and most frightening thing I have ever been through. Some of you I don't know that well. Some of you I haven't seen or spoken to for many years, and some of you I talk to every day. But, no matter what, you prayed me through. People that I barely know have approached me and said that they're praying for me. I get cards on a regular basis from a woman who goes to church with Michael in Raleigh. I've never met her but she sends cards wishing me well. That, my friends is grace. That is God's love.
I've been feeling a little insecure these days. The hair that has held on to my scalp is growing so it's standing straight up. My hands are swollen, my eyebrows are thinning and my eye lashes are disappearing. Never mind the misshapen and disfigured chest. Not feeling the most pretty lately. But, I ran into a friend today. As I took off my hat to show her my hair, the first thing out of her mouth was, "How beautiful you are." WHAT? The thing about it was, she was sincere. Totally sincere. That, my friends is grace. For a little while, she made me feel like I was normal looking again. Thank you, Gina.
Stay well, my friends. Show a little grace to someone. You never know how much they might need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment