Well, here we are, one week out. Yep, surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, 7/14. I'm so excited but a little nervous. Even though it's outpatient, there's still the anesthesia. I didn't croak during my last surgery so I probably won't this time, either. But, if I do, make sure I have on a low cut shirt in the casket. Listen, I've been through a lot to get those boobs. I've gotta show 'em off! Hopefully it will be a quick procedure and I'll be home in time for All My Children. I meet with my plastic surgeon tomorrow to discuss all the details. I'm not quite sure what the recovery process will be like but certainly not like my first surgery. Mom will be here to help me again. Hurray for Vilma. What a blessing she has been.
Lori and I took the kids to my neighbor's pool today. I only had Johnathan and she only had her two youngest. It's amazing how the dynamic changes with our kids when one or two are missing. I usually end up playing referee between mine so I had a little bit of a break from that. But holy cow was it hot today. The water felt great, especially when the hot flashes came on. Hopefully these hot flashes won't last very long, but I've heard they can go on for years. With my luck I'll be hot flashin' in the old folks home. I can just hear it now, "Stay away from that old Medlin woman. You know how she is when she's flashin'!!" I'm mean enough as it is, I don't need any help!
Ya know, kids can be strange. Mikey was asking about my upcoming surgery and so I told him what the doctor was going to do. He asked me if he could save my tissue expander so he could see what it looked like. If the doctor couldn't save it, he asked, could he (the doctor) take a picture of it? This is the child who wanted my appendix when it was removed over the Thanksgiving holiday. (he takes after his father) Johnathan, on the other hand wants to keep my chemo port when it's removed. What on earth are they going to do with these things??? Ebay? Show and tell??? Add them to their trophy collections?? Do you ever wonder what your children are going to do with their lives? Apparently mine are going to do something having to do with removing things out of things, I don't know. Maybe a coroner or something. I'm rambling, I know. I'm tired. Not sleeping so well these days. Most nights I'm up several times. I've not gotten a good night sleep in weeks, so stop badgering me!!
We're off to the beach on Sunday. Lori and I are taking the kids for two nights. We're going to the water park on Monday and then beach and home on Tuesday. I wish we could stay longer but I've got a couple of DD's with my name on them waiting for me. No, maybe not double D's but something a little perkier than what I've, well, you get the picture. I guess that's what we'll talk about tomorrow, size, shape, color, length, weight, etc.
My hair has not started to grow back yet, at least not on my head that I can see. To my great delight, though, I've got armpit hair!! I've not had armpit hair in weeks!! I'm tempted not to shave and not wear a hat at the water park. Then I'd really embarrass my kids!
Ok my peeps. Stay well and think of me next Wednesday. I'll update Booby Doo as soon as I'm able. It's 8:10 pm. Do you know where your children are? Hope so. Hold them tight and keep them safe. After all, they are God's special gift to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI hope the surgery went well and that you got the DD's you so deserve. Your sense of humor still cracks me up. Write when you feel well enough to do so.
Love and prayers,
Tracey