Saturday, June 26, 2010

34, yes I counted!!

Here we are almost 6 weeks after my last chemo treatment and my hair is falling out more than it was a month ago! What's up with that?? There were 34 little head hairs (I say that because, well, there's no other hair to count...) in the tub this morning. The funny thing about it is, the hair that has held on and not fallen out is growing. That's the only hair that's growing. Weird. So, just for you, I'm posting a picture of me today. This is what I look like without my hat. Some of you have seen it, some not. Before you look, let me warn you...its not pretty! You might want to shield young children's faces. The writer of this blog is not responsible for nightmares.



Anyway, I go back on Monday for my next Herceptin treatment and hopefully they'll try giving it to me without the benedryl. If I don't have any kind of allergic reaction, they'll leave out the benedryl for good and I can drive myself to the treatments. Lori has been driving me each time and I just know she's getting pretty tired of it. She's that kind of person. Oh, grow up, I'm just kidding. She'll probably still go with me. It gives us an excuse to have lunch!

I'm still feeling pretty crappy. My hands are still swollen, but not my feet. I'm having stomach issues, but I'm lot losing weight and yes, the hot flashes are still there. Just be quiet and let me whine. I'll complain to anyone who'll listen! I ran into a sweet lady today at Walmart who is also a breast cancer survivor. We had a great chat and believe it or not, she is also Dr. Ayrons' patient. Whoda thunk that 2 of his patients would run into one another at, of all places, Walmart?

Anybody do for a mammogram? Just sayin'....

Be well my friends and enjoy your freedom. Not everyone can.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Came across you on Dwain's facebook page checked out your blog and asked him about this. When I found out who you were I was so floored.

    It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing. And your blog is exceptionally beautiful to share. What a courageous person you are.

    I will include you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete