Thursday, June 10, 2010

When does school start??

Yay, it's summertime! I remember saying those words when school was finally over. Not sayin' 'em anymore! Don't get me wrong, I love my boys more than life itself, however when all they do is bicker and fight, yeah, don't like 'em that much. You have to understand, my children are 13 months apart. No, we didn't plan it that way. Actually, we were trying to NOT get pregnant when Mikey came along. This is proof that indeed God has a sense of humor. He, the great I AM, blesses me with two boys, 13 months apart. Now, they're healthy, smart and good lookin' kids. They don't struggle in school (straight A's and all kinds of awards yesterday including the Presidential Award for academic excellence for Johnathan) and they are likable and friendly kids. However, they, pretty consistently will pick, nudge, aggravate and irritate each other to the point of utter insanity. I have come close to jumping off my roof just to get away from the "Stop!, Quit It, Leave Me Alone, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom!!!!!!!!!" But, summertime is for fun, relaxation and creating memories. So, I pledge to suck it up and let my boys be boys and back off a little. And if I can accomplish that, then pigs truly can fly. But boy oh boy do I remember summers in Walkersville. The carnival, the football field in Discovery, and of course the pool. We spent every waking minute at the pool. I have so many fun and fond memories of my childhood summers that I can only hope my boys create the same kind of memories. Many of you who will read this can relate to those memories of summertime in Walkersville. Oh, to be in middle school again!

Now, if anyone can tell me how to ease these blessed hot flashes I'm getting due to the chemo, I will give you my first born! Literally you could fry and egg on my head when the flashes come on. Please someone help me!!! Other than the flashes and still being a little tired I think I'm definitely on the mend. I'm not weak tired like I was during chemo, just sleepy tired because I'm up 1/2 the night with hot flashes!! I don't think I'm feeling any ill effects from the herceptin I'm taking, which is not a hormone blocker, it's some kind of antibody, I think. Anyway, Lisa's getting better each day.

I took Johnathan back to the eye doctor today and she seems to think it's getting better. He still has some blood sitting back behind the eye, but she said that could take 6 weeks to clear up. He's been cleared to go to the beach next week, just can't play sports. Nothing with balls (get it outta the gutter!) yet. So what a blessing that he didn't loose his sight and that it looks like he will make a full recovery.

We're off to the beach next week to meet up with my sister and her clan. Can't wait, we haven't seen the kids in about 3 years so we're so excited. We'll be staying with my cousin Carla and cousin Big Boy. That's the alpha male in her life. He's a cross between a Maltese and a German shepherd. Yes, you heard right. A Maltese and a German shepherd. Don't ask how that was accomplished (the dad was the Maltese, how did he reach????) but the result is Big Boy. The last time I stayed with Carla, I had an emergency appendectomy. Let's hope for an uneventful trip this time!!

Don't forget, Father's Day is next weekend. If you're thinking about getting dad a tie, don't.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa...we met today when you brought your son to his eye doctor appt. I have to say that I feel like I have known you for years they way we just chatted! You are an inspiration to me and should be to all women who battle the cancer monster, you have such a bright, warm, loving personality and wonderful outlook on tackling this disease head on! Keep in touch and God Bless!! By the way, your boys are gorgeous and such sweet gentlemen!!!

    ReplyDelete