Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No More Squirty Cheese!

So, I wake up this morning at 3:00 am, not able to go back to sleep and notice my hands have begun to swell. Oh crap I think, not a side effect already! Wait a minute, didn't Lori and I consume a bottle of squirty cheese and wheat crackers along with a few slim jims during chemo yesterday?? Of course, it's the squirty cheese that's making me swell, not chemo. Sodium anyone?? Anyhow, today is going pretty well. I'm not sick just tired from being up since 3 am. Four hours sleep is definately not enough for me. Hopefully tonight I'll sleep better. I just want to send a sincere thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes, prayers, funny comments and words of encouragement to me. The response I've gotten is truly overwhelming and humbling. You never really know how many people care until something like this happens. What is really amazing is all the support I've gotten from all of you from WHS. What a blessing to grow up in a small town like Walkersville, and almost 30 years later people still take time out of their day to send prayers and support. I love you all and please know that your support is what is keeping me going right now. That and that squirty cheese!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a high school friend of Susan Shipley Witmer. We had lunch last week, and she told me about what you are going through, she thought that I would like to follow your blog. I love reading this! Keep it up, it serve you well as you make this journey, and be great for those who will follow in your path.

    I am an 8 year breast cancer survivor. I want you to know that you are in my prayers, and that you will get through this. If there is ever anything I can do for you...even long distance (I am in Frederick, MD) please let me know.

    You are one incredible woman! Keep it up...

    Lori Edwards Goldman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa--

    You are always in my prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete