Monday, March 29, 2010
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????
So my faithful followers, wondering where I've been for the last week? Well, a few days after chemo I became extremely weak and was basically on the couch all that following weekend. So much so that mom had to come back from the beach to take care of me. Well, I also started having severe stabbing pains in my chest where I had my surgery, so bad that I was back on the pain meds. Tuesday (a week after chemo) the fever started and didn't stop. I was miserable. Not only was I weak, but I had this horrific pain that I couldn't get to subside. Went to the Dr. on Thurs, he sent me to have an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have an infection. Nope, no infection at the surgery sight, but still fever and pain, so he sent me to the E.R., wanting to rule out a pulmonary embolism (that would be blot clot in the lung). So, off the the E.R. we go, they take me right back and start their magic. Luckily, they can start the IV in my chemo port. Yey!! No needle sticks. Right, NOT. They have to start another IV to run dye through so I can have a CAT scan to make sure I'm not about to croak from the pulmonary embolism (PE for short). After 7 sticks to my arm and hand, yes, 7, they've finally given me Ativan for anxiety. Ya think?? The ER doc comes in and the nurses tell him every time they stick me my veins blow. No kidding. So he says, let's try the neck. Yes, the neck. They lay the hospital bed almost upside down, kinda like I'm hanging in iversion boots, and he says turn your head to the left all the way and don't move. Well, I happen to have 3 buldging discs in my neck, and it doesn't turn all the way. He made it turn all the way. So, he sticks me in my neck telling me to relax as I'm hyperventalating. That vein blows. Great, turn your head to the right. Remember the discs?? Ok, so he says to me as he's at my jugular vein with a sharp thing, relax and don't move. Holy crap it actully took! Thank the Lord above after 9 sticks they finally got the damn iv in me. So, off to CT scan. No problem. Doc comes in and says, ok everything looks clear, you can go home. WHAT???? What about the fever and the intense pain in my chest??? Well, they can't figure it out. Saturday, still running a fever and still on pain meds for the ice pick stabbing me. Sunday, no fever, get up and we got the church. Hey, no pain in my chest. Hopefully whatever it was is gone. So, this morning I got up and got ready for my follow-up appt with Lance the adorable PA at my oncologist office. Uh-oh, the pain's back. Wait a minute, I had no pain yesterday and I had on a normal bra for church. Today, I put on the sports bra that I've been wearing since my surgery. So, I changed my bra and the pain went away. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? All this crap because I had on the wrong %$#$%^% bra???? So, long story short, I had a virus that caused the fever and had on the wrong damn bra. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lisa!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow can you make me laugh at a time like this?? You crazy girl. You are a courageous and beautiful woman. Thanks for the inspiration.