Monday, March 15, 2010
Day 1
Let me start by saying my 10 year old son Mikey came up with the title of my blog. Booby Doo vs the Cancer Monster is brilliant title for what I'm about to experience. Jan 14 began my journey. That was the day I had my routine mammogram. Later that week, I was called to come back in to have another because something showed up on the original mammogram. Long story short, I went in for an ultrasound, had the needle biopsy (lots of fun) right there and two days later was told I had breast cancer. Now, my doctor told me I had DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) and recommended a mastectomy. He said unless they found something else that they were not expecting, this should be all the treatment needed. Ok, I can deal with that. I had the surgery on 2/9/10 and reconstruction at the same time. A few weeks later I followed up with my surgeon and low and behold, an invasive tumor was found in the breast tissue that was not previously detected, so here I am on the eve of my first chemo treatment. I'm nervous about how this treatment is going to make me feel. I have accepted the fact that I will lose my hair, but being sick is not something I want to tackle. However, I know that this treatment is life saving and am grateful to have it available to me. So, if anyone is reading this and going through what I'm going through, you're not alone. Have faith and be strong. As my wonderful surgeon said to me when he told me about my diagnosis, "This will not do you in." Thanks Dr. Mosokwitz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Lisa!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the name of the blog! You can do it Lisa! Hang in there... you are a very strong lady!
ReplyDelete