Thursday, December 2, 2010

The dog's got gas, again.

Really, it's been over a month since my last post?? So much has been happening, I guess time just got away from me. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mom, dad, and their friend Liz came up for the holiday. It was a great visit. We cooked, ate, and lazed around. Michael was home for most of the week. The weather was cold and rainy, but we weren't going anywhere so that was ok. The day after, while so many crazies were out shopping on black Friday, I was in the recliner nursing a cold. It was just a good, lazy day, until.....Holy crap, are you kidding me?? No, not today, I'm really not in the mood. But, there is was. The prelude to the biggest pain in the you know what of the season. In walks Johnathan with the wreath for the fireplace. Now, most of you might say, "So, Ho Ho Ho and all that." Oh no, the wreath is, like I said, the prelude. It's also almost 3 feet across, and needs to be decorated. I can't have a naked wreath adorning my fireplace. So, I wait for the next ball to drop. What's that I hear on the front porch?? Hubby with.....THE TREE. Anybody been to the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC at Christmas time? Well, one of their trees is missing, and my husband has it on the front porch. Why the front porch, you ask?? IT WON'T FIT THROUGH THE BACK DOOR. Now, some might think he's a little nutty for buying such a big tree, but he does it for the boys, and, well, I think that he's not a little nutty. He's a BIG NUTTY. Did I mention at this point I'm still nursing a cold and would rather give birth to an NFL linebacker than decorate the tree? Oh, I did? Ok, anyway, here he comes with the tree. Now, it is pretty, and he hoo dooed the man into giving him the wreath and tree for a measly $85. WHAT??? Ok, whatever. He's doing this for the boys, right?? So, up goes the tree. "What color lights do you want this year?" he asks me. He always gets to pick the color, but this year I wanted clear lights. The 693 strands of lights we have in the attic aren't enough, so, off to Walmart he goes. When I buy Christmas lights, I usually get a few extra boxes just in case on box doesn't work. Does he??? NOOOO. He strings the lights on the tree, and voila!! They all work, until he goes upstairs to get all the candles for the windows, and I, being who I am, decide I'm going to unplug one of the strands, just for fun. He comes downstairs to a 1/2 lit tree. Pretty funny, I thought. Now, it's time to light up the front porch. Yes, we are the Griswalds of Kings Mountain. Remember what I said about buying extra boxes of lights? Well, he hung the icicle lights across the roof of the porch and started on the columns. He got to the last column, strung them all and guess what? One strand of lights didn't work. Now, I'm not one to say "I told ya so" (actually I say it all the time), but "Told ya so!" Back to Walmart to get more lights. Long story short, the front porch looks pretty, and so does the tree. Except for that lean. It's just a little to, well, "unstraight". "Michael, that tree's gonna fall." "Nah, it'll be fine" was his response. "Michael, that tree's gonna fall." "Nah." Guess what happened last night at dinner, the tree fell. Yep, all 9 feet, decorated pine needle shedding glass ornament hanging tree. Crash. After the boys and I swept up my beautiful ornaments, we dragged the tree out to the front porch, and there it sits, waiting on Clark Griswald II to come home and fix it. Ho Ho Ho.

When your dog farts, does she turn and smell it and then run? Maybe it's just my dog. She doesn't have gas often, but boy, when she does. Holy cow. Run for the hills. So, I guess tonight will be one of those nights when I'll hear her all night long farting, smelling, running. Welcome to my world.

How am I feeling, you ask? Well, ok I guess. I'm still worn out every day. Preschool is keeping me busy, but it's a good busy. My joint and muscle pain is not getting better, maybe worse. My hair, however is thick and curly. It's still pretty short, but I've always wanted curly hair. I love it. I'm just glad to have hair!

Off to clean up dinner dishes. Be well, my friends. Be generous this holiday season. Share a smile, a meal or a hug. Just don't hug the dog, it may make her fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment