Monday, May 17, 2010

Booby Doo, Where Are You?

Just to get sympathy, and to get mom here to do my laundry, I decided to develop neutropenic fever last week and get myself admitted to the hospital for three days. Lots of fun. I woke up last Monday with a low grade fever and it went up by the time I got home after dropping the boys off at school. So, I did what I'm supposed to do, I called the doctor. They immediately called in an antibiotic and gave me an appointment for 1:00. They pumped me full of fluids and by the time I was ready to leave at 4:00, the fever had gone up to 103. Lovely, into the hospital I go. Lori, thank God for her, took care of school pick ups and mom was on the way. Anyway, long story short, (I know, too late for that) after 3 days of fever it finally broke on Wednesday night. I came home Thursday afternoon and, still feeling like something on the bottom of your shoe, layed on the couch the rest of that day. Friday, got up and cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed and did, of course, way too much, so fever went back up by Friday night. Great!! I called the doctor and got yelled at (not really) for doing too much and was told to rest. REST?? I have two bickering boys who live in their own little narcissistic world where the most important thing is can we play Monopoly and what's for dinner???? Really, I have great kids, most of the time. Those of you who know my boys know they're pretty special and those of you who have boys know how maddening they can be! But, they're healthy and smart so who am I to complain??

Anyhow, mom is still here. She'll be leaving this weekend so I figured we'll go to dinner tonight. I'm not going to feel any better later in the week, so might as well go tonight. How blessed am I to have a mother, a 77 year old mother who will drop everything and rush to my side when I need her.

What is it with dogs and grass?? Yesterday Trina came running into the house going from room to room. All of a sudden mom yells, "Lisa, she's leaking!!" Well, I looked at her and she's got grass hanging out of her hynie. What the hell???? "Michael" I screamed, "Pull it out of her, she's rubbing her butt on the rug!!" So, like the dutiful husband he pulls the grass out of his dog's butt. Now, after all this, I've got to shampoo the rug. After all, can't have poopy grass germs on the rug in the living room. With just about all the strength I had, I shampooed that rug within an inch of it's life. I'm not gonna tell ya the color of the water that came out of my shampooer. Icky! So, on a poopy grass germ note, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment